Sunday, December 6, 2009

PRE-GAME PRIMER: Wink Calhoun?


Here's one of the best examples why you should never trust what you read on Wikipedia: scroll down to the "Early career and education" section of Jim Calhoun's Wiki biography and check out one of his alleged past former jobs. Game show host!!! Now that is an image (however unlikely) that is nothing short of hysterical.

Here's another image: Ater Majok on the debate team. That actually happened. Majok was a member of the American International school debate team while in Australia. Which leads to the question: has he yet to engage coach Calhoun in a debate?

"There's smart debate, and then there's stupid debate," Majok said with a smile. "Smart debate is a debate you're going to win. Against coach Calhoun, he's always right. He always says the right thing, so you can't really debate about what he says. He always uses the right words."

Majok says he's a B-plus student this semester and can't wait to finally suit up for the Huskies on Dec. 20 against Central Florida.

"Man, I just can't wait. I just can't wait," he said. "It's been a long time, there have been a lot of hiccups, a lot of road bumps. It was a hard journey. There were some times when I was like, 'Why am I dealing with this? I could just be doing something else, go back home.' But a lot of people helped me through it. A lot of the coaches. A lot of people helped me through this journey. Now, I see at the end of the day, it's worth it to go through all the hiccups."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home