Friday, January 8, 2010

Smith Commits to UConn

Saying UConn would be "the best fit for me and my style of play," highly-touted small forward Roscoe Smith has committed to the program.

Smith, a 6-foot-8 ½ (according to him) forward at Oak Hill Academy, chose the Huskies over Duke and Georgetown.

"UConn would be the best fit for me and my style of play," he said by phone. "And also, the history of players that Coach Calhoun has coached, players that came through that played my position that made it to the next level."

Smith said that he always modeled himself after Ray Allen until going to Oak Hill, where he now considers himself more of a Rudy Gay-type athlete.

Smith, a Baltimore native, said he'll be at Saturday's UConn-Georgetown game at the Verizon Center.

More later …

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home