Thursday, April 1, 2010

No Sticks

Sitting here watching the NCAA Final Four dunk contest on ESPN and it just doesn't seem right that Stanley Robinson isn't participating.

Well, Sticks was asked, I'm told, but declined the invitation, apparently for logistical reasons (plane flight, etc.) as much as anything else.

By the way: maybe I'm getting old, but are dunk contests just plain boring these days? I mean, there's really not much more that can be done. To me, the NBA slam dunk contest is like the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue: it was great and exciting when I was 14, but now there's a certain sameness to it all, as impressive as both may look.

There's an analogy for ya, eh?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dave, an article in the Boston Globe today says that St Johns reached out to Calhoun and offered 3mil per year for 5 years. Did you ever hear that?

April 2, 2010 at 11:21 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that off the glass reverse the one guy did last night was pretty nuts -- have never seen that before

April 2, 2010 at 3:02 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home