Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cothran an Inspiration

I understand this is a UConn blog, but things are pretty slow in Husky territory right now (I know you want updates, folks, but I can't make up news out of thin air).

Anyway, thought you might be interested in this story I wrote for today's Register on Keith Cothran, a New Haven kid who overcame a lot to star at URI and, today, receive his degree in sociology. Cothran was arrested at age 15 after being wrapped up with the wrong crowd and remanded to Mount Saint John in Deep River, a facility that tries to rehabilitate young men and send them back into their community as better people.

Cothran returned to Mount Saint John yesterday to talk to some kids and show that he's an example that, if they really want, they can turn their lives around.

Anyway, it's a nice story about a Connecticut kid I thought you might want to read. I know we hear all the time about athletes who have changed and are better people and want to help their community, and many times we continue to be disappointed by those athletes. But trust me, Keith Cothran is the real deal.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ Price injures his knee again at Charity Event

May 24, 2010 at 8:29 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home