Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tennis, Anyone?

For those heading to the Pilot Pen tennis tournament this week – and thus far, that's not many of you – be on the lookout for Ray Allen.

Allen was sitting behind the near baseline on Monday watching his friend, James Blake, romp through a 36-minute, 6-0, 6-1 victory over Spain's Pere Riba. Though Allen was bundled up in a blue-hooded sweatshirt, Blake was happy to see Allen in attendance.

"He's a friend of mine," Blake said. "I know the whole family, they are great people. He is a tremendous athlete and I am impressed every time I see him play, especially is dedication."

Blake and Allen were introduced by a mutual friend – Kevin Garnett.

"I became friends of (Garnett's) because he is friends of Serena (Williams)," Blake said. "He actually said that me and Ray are very similar, we should hang out together. I have been friends with him since that amazing run to the championship."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home