Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Report: UConn to Open '12-13 Season in Germany vs. Spartans

According to an ESPN report, UConn will open the 2012-13 season in Germany against Michigan State on Nov. 9 at Ramstein Air Base.

The Huskies, of course, have three German natives on their roster: junior Niels Giffey, sophomore Enosch Wolf and freshman Leon Tolksdorf. And Jim Calhoun will get a chance to play against his "dear, dear friend" Tom Izzo.

Sounds like a win-win for everyone involved.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Trapper said...

Didn't they play each other in November 2010 during the Maui Invitational? Meaning that Calhoun won their most recent head-to-head. Same year that the Huskies won in 2011. I think Michigan State was ranked #2 at the time.

June 26, 2012 at 2:17 PM 
Blogger David Borges said...

You are 100-percent right, and I've made the change on the blog. I guess since I wasn't sent to cover the Maui game, I blocked it out of my mind like it never happened ... lol

June 26, 2012 at 9:01 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home