Sunday, November 18, 2012

Update from St. Thomas

Greetings from St. Thomas, where I got a little beach time this morning. It's tough walking around the beach for a guy like me. I can feel the ladies dressing me with their eyes.

(Here's a pic of the team hotel ---->)

Kemba's mom was out there, too, along with the mothers of a couple of current UConn players.

Had a chat with Dickey Simpkins, who's doing some scouting for the Charlotte Bobcats. He's been doing this for a few years now, balancing it with some TV work. He won't be doing TV this year, though, just more scouting as he tries to move his way up in the organization. He's elated with what Kemba has brought to the Bobcats thus far.

The UConn women play Texas A&M today and will arrive here in St. Thomas tomorrow. Why not? No school at UConn this week.

It'll be interesting to see if the women's team shows up to UConn's game, which will be either at 8:30 p.m. or 11 p.m. (local time). Maybe Geno can sit next to Jim Calhoun on press row. Or maybe not.

That's it for now. As for conference realignment and rumors of UConn possibly moving to the ACC or Big 10, there's nothing I can add right now. It's all pure speculation, though I'll ask around this afternoon at the UVI Sports and Fitness Center and let you know what I hear.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home