Sunday, February 1, 2015

My AP Top 25 this week

Here's my ballot this week. After Virginia's loss to Duke, who's No. 2? I'm going with Wisconsin. Why? Because I think the Badgers are the second-best team in the country right now, that's why.

Gave some love to the American Conference (SMU at No. 17, and was going to go with Cincinnati until Sunday's loss at East Carolina), as well as my alma mater on my ballot this week. It's not homerism, but rather rewarding the teams with which I'm most familiar.

I can't pretend that I've seen a lot of Saint Mary's or Colorado State or Wyoming this season. I'm sure they're all good teams, but I'll leave it more up to the voters out West who are more familiar with them to vote for them. That doesn't mean I'm voting for, say, Louisville over Arizona, or SMU or Gonzaga. But when it comes to that huge clump of teams that merit consideration for the last 10 or 15 spots on the ballot, yes, I'm more likely to go with teams that I've seen more often.

So anyway, this week it's goodbye to Miami, Providence and Texas, and hello to Butler, Oklahoma and URI.

1. Kentucky
2. Wisconsin
3. Duke
4. Virginia
5. Arizona
6. Gonzaga
7. Villanova
8. Kansas
9. Louisville
10. Iowa State
11. West Virginia
12. Notre Dame
13. Northern Iowa
14. Utah
15. Wichita State
16. Maryland
17. SMU
18. North Carolina
19. VCU
20. Baylor
21. Georgetown
22. Ohio State
23. Butler
24. Oklahoma
25. Rhode Island

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unicorny U. needed to procure head coaches for foosbal and hoola hoops. It did not happen hence the turmoil. Only solution is to go UAB in. Dismantle both programs pronto to cleanhouse so players can go to any teams which will take them pronto. Dans deux ans restart only beloved hoola hoops to rise likes dee phoenix. Foosbal? who give a care

February 2, 2015 at 12:40 AM 
Blogger David Borges said...

Another odd comment. However, I don't totally disagree with you on the UAB idea. Will never happen, though.

February 4, 2015 at 10:17 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home